Saturday 5 July 2008

I'm a photographer for an English indie fashion magazine

I'm not feeling particularly literarily inspired today so I'm going to spam you with pictures instead of words.

Yesterday I saw a boy dressed as a French maid and had a long chat with these lovely German guys at a noodle bar. They were putting on a production of Riverdance in Fukuoka. I love that I live in a world where I can type those sentences.

Fukuoka's been a lot of fun, it's got a good buzz and a lot going on, but all concentrated in a fairly small space. It's defiantly been added to my list of good places for my year abroad: I'd rather not stay in Tokyo as it'd be too easy to hang in foreigner enclaves. Tomorrow I'm off to Hiroshima. Quite why I booked 3 nights there I'm now not sure but I know I want to give myself at least one full day to do all the Atom Bomb related stuff, apparently it's pretty hallowing.

I have a new favorite hobby which I highly recommend to others: put on The Verve while walking down a busy street in imitation of this

Oh, I was called 'oshare' which according to my dictionary best translates as 'fop' or 'dandy'. Love it.

These photos have no relation to each other but are quite good?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As regards the post title, I am not in fact a photographer for an English indie fashion magazine, but if you tell people you are you get to take portraits of well dressed strangers:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Until next time x

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! My whole course this week as based on street photography and you've outdone all of mine and certainly all of everyone else's. I love the first 2 photos a lot! These are so much better than Nuke pictures :P
Really some of these are wonderful!

Sincerely,
Rev. C McClock

(._.?)

5 July 2008 at 12:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm correcting the comment I left 3 seconds ago.

"My whole course *WAS based.."

I also really love the one of the old man, that's exactly what we were meant to get in this course and the closest I got was a russian in yellow glasses.

Also
"Really some of these are wonderful" should have been without the "some of", I don't even remember typing "some of".

Peace out.
Tha Rev.

5 July 2008 at 12:38  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home